December was the month of festivities as we prepared for our Annual Sports Day and Christmas celebrations.
Vocabulary: The children were given introduction to :
- Christmas Decorations: Christmas tree, Wreath, Stocking, Candy stick,Ornament.
- What we use while Brushing: Toothpaste, toothbrush, tongue cleaner, mouthwash
- Things in the Kitchen: Kitchen, Refrigerator, Mixer, Sink
- Things we wear in Winter: Scarf, gloves, jacket, monkey cap.
- Tools: Saw, level, wrench, bolt.
Books & Songs: The children enjoyed the following books that we read during the month :
- My First Words and Pictures by Brita Granstrom.
- Happy Christmas Gemma by Sarah Hayes.
- Children enjoyed listening to the Christmas Carols:
- Rudolf the Red Nose Reindeer
- We wish you a merry Christmas
- Santa Claus is coming to town
- Jingle Bells
Food Preparation: This months favourite Food preparation activity was Spreading Cheese on Cracker using a butter knife.The children enjoy sharing the cracker at lunch time.
Art & Craft: Children created beautiful snowflakes by painting Icecream sticks using q-tips .
Celebrations & Events: We celebrated Christmas at Savi on 19th December by wearing red, lots of singing and decorating the Christmas tree .
We celebrated Sports Day 2019 on 22 Dec 2019. Here are few photos