This month the children were back after Diwali holidays and settled right in.
Vocabulary The children were given sensorial introduction to
- Fruits: Kiwi, Pomegranate, Sweet Lime.
- Vegetables : Cucumber, Lemon, Onion
- Things we wear: Saree, Pants, Swimsuit, Belt.
- Different types of transport: Aeroplane, Auto Rickshaw, Boat, Bus.
- Sea animals: Lobster, Seal, Dolphin, Star Fish.
- Things we keep in handbag : Handbag, Tissue Paper, Keys, Pen
Books: The children enjoyed the following books that we read during the month
1. Rosie’s walk by Pat Hutchins.
2. The very hungry Caterpillar by Eric Carle.
We introduced a new poem – Pretty Butterfly
This month the Toddlers loved doing Orange Peeling. It is an easy activity which they could complete on their own. It helps to strengthen their fine motor skills and hand-eye coordination. You can easily setup this activity at home for your child.
Art & Craft : The children enjoy craft activities
- Rosie, the hen with their Hand Print.
- The children decorated their photo frame with different stickers on the occasion of Children’s Day.
- Turkey with Sponge Painting for thanksgiving.
Celebrations & Events
We celebrated Children’s day where all the children came in different costumes and they were very excited. We read a book about Children’s Day.
Children enjoyed the fancy dress.
We had organised a dental check-up for the children. One of our parents Dr Janice Morais volunteered her services for the school.
Fun and Games
1. We had set-up Hula Hoop, Tunnel and Ball play at Savi for the Toddlers to have Fun.
2. We organised a picnic at Maharashtra Nature Park to help them explore the nature